The cheap deal for LEGO 2012 Star Wars Advent Calendar 9509.The best selection and fast shipping.See LEGO 2012 Star Wars Advent Calendar 9509 now. Cheap Price Today! Top Deal!.
- Feel the Force the holiday season with the LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar!
- Countdown to Christmas with the LEGO® Star Wars Advent Calendar, featuring 24 Star Wars-themed gifts!
- Open a window every day to reveal 24 different LEGO Star Wars – themed gifts
- Vehicles include mini Gungan Sub and General Grievous’ Starfighter
- Features 9 minifigures, including 2 holiday-themed minifigures
List Price: $49.99
LEGO 2012 Star Wars Advent Calendar 9509 Description
Reviews By Lego Fan : Date August 20, 2012
What is The Lego Group thinking here? $50 for a 234 part Advent Calendar? Star Wars or not, that is really overpriced. It is a $10 increase over last year, which was expensive enough as it was. This is over 21 cents a part, and they are small parts at that. Darth Maul Santa is of course cool, but this needs to be 30% off before it becomes interesting.
As for the set itself, looking at the various parts:
1. Several minifigs. You have Darth Maul Santa, clearly the highlight of the set. You also have a black super-battle droid, several generic troopers on both sides, a basic battle droid, a Gungan, and of course R2 snowman, another cool addition.
2. Several ships. It continues to amaze me how you can have the same basic ship in Lego in so many different sizes. You have Darth Maul’s Sith Infiltrator, a Naboo Starfighter, a Star Destroyer, an AT-AT walker, and a few others.
Is the whole thing rather cool? Yes… for $29 this would be a no-brainer all day long. For $49, it is simply too expensive for what comes in the kit.
Reviews By P. Sawyer : Date September 11, 2012
My son loves the Lego Advent calendars. He’s had them for the past three years. This year’s price bump of $10 while cutting down the number of total pieces is a blatant grab for the bucks. Shame on you, Lego. I hope Santa brings you coal.
Reviews By El_Tonio : Date August 28, 2012
I ordered this product from Amazon on Sunday, and it arrived today. The box is the SAME size as last year, the set contains 32 LESS pieces as last year, yet it costs $10 MORE than last year. A very poor combination without a doubt (especially given that last year’s Star Wars Advent Calendar didn’t sell very well and was available on clearance just about everywhere after the holidays). But, in spite of that I couldn’t risk not having a copy of what is otherwise a very cool Lego set in my collection. I had a blast opening mine last year, and am looking very forward to opening this one this year.
Next I’m going to list the set contents, so please skip the next two paragraphs if you want to be surprised. But, since most of this info is available in the Amazon photos or easily obtainable online, I thought I’d also provide it hear for those who are interested. Note, I purposefully list everything in alphabetical (and not chronological) order so as not to spoil the surprise too much. Not to mention the fact that I’m waiting to open mine and don’t even know the order of appearance myself at this point.
Depending on how/what you count, the set includes nine mini figures. The obvious appeal of this new set are the two exclusive Santa Darth Maul and Snowman R2-D2 figures. On top of that you also get Gungan Warrior, Hoth Rebel Trooper, Imperial Officer (Hoth), Rebel Trooper, Snowtrooper, Security Battle Droid, and Super Battle Droid.